Grassfield Baptist Church, is seeking a Senior Pastor to serve as a spiritual and pastoral leader of the Church. The Pastor has control of the pulpit ministry and administering the ordinances. The Pastor proclaims the Gospel, teaches God’s truths, and shepherds the congregation. The Pastor exercises general oversight of the church, pointing it towards fulfillment of the Great Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carry out the vision, purpose, and ministries of Grassfield Baptist Church.
2. Conduct religious services on stated and special occasions. Prepare and deliver sermons, lead the ordinances, and oversee planning of worship services.
3. Direct the staff and guide the lay leaders in caring for the sick, shut-ins, elderly and bereaved.
4. Initiate visitation of church members and prospects, especially members in hospitals, home bound, and nursing homes.
5. Keep predictable office hours and be available on a reasonable basis.
6. Develop a close working relationship with the Deacons, Sunday School workers, committee leaders, officers, and staff.
7. Encourage stewardship and missions support.
8. Be the administrative head of the Church. Direct the church offices and supervise church employees in accordance with Church policies
9. Attend Business Meetings, Church Council, and Deacons Meetings. The Pastor is an ex-officio member of all committees, offering advice and expertise as needed. A bi-vocational Pastor is not expected to attend every committee meeting.
10. Be a part of the Youth program.
11. Provide opportunities for believers and non-believers to respond to Christ, equipping them to grow in their relationship and service to God.
12. Interview and Baptize persons professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
13. Perform weddings, funerals, and counseling as needed and within Church guidelines
14. Coordinate attendance at Association, State, or other denominational meetings as necessary as a Church representative.
15. Provide for pulpit supply when absent and arrange for workers to assist in revival meetings and special services.
16. Maintain personal free time for self and his family.
17. Perform other duties in accordance with the calling, ordination, and Holy Scriptures.
18. Adhere to the Constitution and Bylaws of Grassfield Baptist Church.
Graduate of an accredited theological seminary with Master of Divinity (M. Div). Exemplify a mature Christ-like character with integrity, sensitivity, compassion, and individual discipleship. Be able to deal effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of individuals. Possess good time management, communications, and planning skills. Have strong attention to details and the ability to follow through, while shifting rapidly between numerous unrelated tasks. Be able to initiate action and deliver results. Energy, judgment, confidentiality, and pleasant personality are essential.
Please review the requirements for this position and submit a cover letter and resume to Grassfield Baptist Church, Attn: Senior Pastor Search Ministry Team, 1772 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23323 by until filled. Email: email@example.com.
Compensation: negotiable based on experience and commitment
Zion Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist Church located in Parksley on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Virginia, is seeking a lead/senior pastor who is:
* theologically conservative
* committed to leading the church and its worship leader
* committed to evangelism and discipleship
* encourages loving fellowship and unity within the congregation and community
* able to recognize and develop leaders
* devoted to personal and corporate prayer
* engaged in local and global missions
* teaches the whole Bible with both doctrinal and practical application.
Ideally, the pastor would have a master’s degree in seminary training and several years of experience in the pastorate. This is a full-time position with a parsonage.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth/Student and Children's Minister
Cheriton Baptist Church, 21291 North Bayside Road, Cheriton, is seeking a young married couple to minister to Youth and Children. This is a volunteer position. Please contact Pastor Charlie Peterson, 757-678-3272.
Thalia Lynn Baptist Church, 4392 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, (https://www.thalialynn.com ) is accepting applications for a Children’s Minister. This position leads our kids ministry (birth through 6th grade) and requires excellent ministry and management skills. NextGen experience is a huge plus. The applicant must have strong interpersonal skills, be visionary, and entrepreneurial. Gets things done. Loves children and their families. Loves the Lord! Self-starter. Thinks outside of the box. Can work at either a macro level, micro level, or anywhere in between. Can lead, recruit, develop, direct, and inspire volunteers. Sets clear expectations and instills accountability. Is adept in office software, equipment, and processes. Contact David Doyle, Executive Pastor, at email@example.com or 757.499.0557.
Associate Pastor of Families
Temple Baptist Church, 235 Harpersville Road, Newport News, is seeking a Associate Pastor of Families to develop, implement, and promote the ministries for Children through 12th-grade students and young adults, ages 18-25. This ministry will support both the vision and ministry strategy of Temple Baptist Church.
● Develop systems to meet the demands of the vision and strategy of the church.
● Make the vision of preaching the gospel and making disciples practical and attainable to ministry leaders.
● Know and promote the vision of Temple to volunteers and members
● Cooperate with all staff to promote the entire ministry plan of the church.
● Serve as an effective liaison to church committees and ministry team efforts.
● Regularly meet one-on-one with teachers and volunteers to encourage, facilitate community, cast vision, and care for them personally.
● Assist teachers and volunteers with creating group culture, nurturing the growth of group members, evaluating group health, and assisting with group multiplication.
● Plan and execute events for the purpose of connecting attendees and members to small groups
● Oversee Guest Services Team, which involves welcoming guests and members to the church
● Assist guests, attendees and members with group assimilation into small groups
● Provide regular communication to teachers and volunteers regarding church-wide and group-related news and resources.
● Provide regular communication to the church body online and through Sunday morning formats. ● Propose and manage a budget related to your area of ministry.
● A faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
● Pastor/Elder qualified according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 3
● Expected to pursue Christ, to lead yourself, to lead your family, and to lead others, in that order.
● An ongoing commitment to personal growth and professional development.
● A consistent, vibrant devotional life. Devoted to prayer and to the Word.
● To be involved in personal evangelism & discipleship.
● A faithful member of Temple Baptist Church and in total agreement with its vision and statement of faith.
● Must faithfully demonstrate ongoing personal financial generosity in supporting Temple Baptist Church
● Must be in agreement with and willing to comply with all staff expectations, requirements, and values as outlined in the staff employee handbook.
● Possess a desire to create a culture of multiplication by raising up more disciple makers.
● Possess a humble, approachable, coachable, and teachable spirit.
● Must be a team player with a strong work ethic. Must be a self-starter and capable of working on projects independently for extended periods of time without anyone looking over your shoulder.
● Must be willing to be flexible due to the often-unpredictable nature of full-time ministry.
● Expected to meet and maintain consistent deadlines.
● Expected to work a consistent schedule and maintain regular office/working hours.
● A high standard for excellence and efficiency.
For more information visit their website: www.templechurch.net
Part-Time Worship Leader
Discover Church is looking for a Part-Time Worship Leader with a passion for Christ, a love for people, and a heart for worship.
• Sunday mornings from about 9am - noon
• One week night rehearsal (currently on Wednesdays)
We are a church with a contemporary worship style. There are usually four songs each week. Currently, there is one worship service at 11 am on Sundays, which normally ends at noon. Compensation is $250 per week. Contact Rob Vincent at 757-421-3626.
Christian Academy and Preschool Positions
[OV] Christian Academy and Preschool have several open positions. They are located at 9504 Selby Place, Norfolk, VA 23503, and their phone number is 757-583-1808. They are hiring for:
Infant and Pre-K Teachers
After School Aide
For more information on the Academy, visit their website: www.ovc.academy.
To apply visit: https://forms.hive.com/?formId=8gwpeGNZdu7KZtHk7