Grassfield Baptist Church, is seeking a Senior Pastor to serve as a spiritual and pastoral leader of the Church. The Pastor has control of the pulpit ministry and administering the ordinances. The Pastor proclaims the Gospel, teaches God’s truths, and shepherds the congregation. The Pastor exercises general oversight of the church, pointing it towards fulfillment of the Great Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carry out the vision, purpose, and ministries of Grassfield Baptist Church.
2. Conduct religious services on stated and special occasions. Prepare and deliver sermons, lead the ordinances, and oversee planning of worship services.
3. Direct the staff and guide the lay leaders in caring for the sick, shut-ins, elderly and bereaved.
4. Initiate visitation of church members and prospects, especially members in hospitals, home bound, and nursing homes.
5. Keep predictable office hours and be available on a reasonable basis.
6. Develop a close working relationship with the Deacons, Sunday School workers, committee leaders, officers, and staff.
7. Encourage stewardship and missions support.
8. Be the administrative head of the Church. Direct the church offices and supervise church employees in accordance with Church policies
9. Attend Business Meetings, Church Council, and Deacons Meetings. The Pastor is an ex-officio member of all committees, offering advice and expertise as needed. A bi-vocational Pastor is not expected to attend every committee meeting.
10. Be a part of the Youth program.
11. Provide opportunities for believers and non-believers to respond to Christ, equipping them to grow in their relationship and service to God.
12. Interview and Baptize persons professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
13. Perform weddings, funerals, and counseling as needed and within Church guidelines
14. Coordinate attendance at Association, State, or other denominational meetings as necessary as a Church representative.
15. Provide for pulpit supply when absent and arrange for workers to assist in revival meetings and special services.
16. Maintain personal free time for self and his family.
17. Perform other duties in accordance with the calling, ordination, and Holy Scriptures.
18. Adhere to the Constitution and Bylaws of Grassfield Baptist Church.
Graduate of an accredited theological seminary with Master of Divinity (M. Div). Exemplify a mature Christ-like character with integrity, sensitivity, compassion, and individual discipleship. Be able to deal effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of individuals. Possess good time management, communications, and planning skills. Have strong attention to details and the ability to follow through, while shifting rapidly between numerous unrelated tasks. Be able to initiate action and deliver results. Energy, judgment, confidentiality, and pleasant personality are essential.
Please review the requirements for this position and submit a cover letter and resume to Grassfield Baptist Church, Attn: Senior Pastor Search Ministry Team, 1772 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23323 by until filled. Email: email@example.com.
Compensation: negotiable based on experience and commitment
Youth/Student/Young Adults and Children's Minister
Cheriton Baptist Church, 21291 North Bayside Road, Cheriton, is seeking a young married couple to minister to Youth and Children. This is a volunteer position. Please contact Pastor Charlie Peterson, 757-678-3272.
Temple Baptist Church, 235 Harpersville Road, Newport News, is seeking a Pastor of Students and Young Adults. This is a Full-Time Position with Benefits The Students and Young Adults Pastor is responsible to the Senior Pastor for developing, implementing, and promoting the ministries of Students, 6-12th-grade and young adults, ages 18-30. This ministry will support both the vision and ministry strategy of Temple Baptist Church. The ideal candidate must have a love for Christ, a heart for shepherding, a strong theological foundation for his ministry, and lead his family to be committed to the life and health of Temple Baptist Church.
Primary Areas of Focus:
● He will give pastoral oversight to two core areas of ministry: students, and young adults
● On a weekly basis, he will work to lead and build the student ministry (6-12 grade) of Temple.
● Plan, promote, and oversee the religious education programs for students and young adults. The programs include Sunday morning groups, Wednesday night groups and activities, occasional events, and Summer Camp(s)
● Provide training for teachers and volunteers in the students and young adult ministries
Secondary Areas of Focus:
● Weekly participation in worship services
● Preaching/Teaching in services when needed
● Hospital visitation
● Officiating weddings and funerals when needed
● Organizational alignment
● Supervision and support of the Children’s Ministry Director
● Know and promote the vision of Temple to volunteers and members
● Committed to shepherding the families of students on a consistent, ongoing basis
● Propose and manage a budget related to your area of ministry
● Identify, recruit, train, place, and evaluate small group leaders in Student and Young Adult Ministries
● Evaluate curriculum and content for use within your two core areas
● Fulfill all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
● Must be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ
● Must be male and meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
● Must be committed to expositional teaching/preaching
● Must be hospitable and friendly, someone who loves people
● Must have an ongoing commitment to personal growth and professional development
● Must maintain a consistent and vibrant devotional life ● Must maintain and demonstrate a commitment to personal evangelism and discipleship
● Must be a faithful member of Temple Baptist Church and wholeheartedly affirm Temple's vision and statement of faith (BF&M 2000)
● Must faithfully demonstrate ongoing, personal financial generosity in supporting Temple Baptist Church
● Must demonstrate faithful attendance at Temple worship gatherings and Members' Meetings
● Must demonstrate faithful involvement in Fellowship Groups
● Must be in full compliance with the Constitution and Bylaws of Temple Baptist Church and the Staff Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual
● Must possess a humble, approachable, coachable, and teachable spirit
● Must be a team player with a strong work ethic
● Must be able to work without direct supervision while balancing work and home life
● Must be willing to be flexible due to the often unpredictable nature of full-time ministry
● Must meet and maintain consistent deadlines
● Must work a consistent schedule and maintain regular office/working hours
● Must possess a standard for excellence and efficiency
● Must possess excellent communication skills in teaching, writing, and speaking with others.
Temple's Mission: To reach those who are broken and far from God and help them become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Benefits: This position includes healthcare, retirement (403 b), PTO, sick leave, dental, and vision.
For more information visit their website: www.templechurch.net
Part-Time Worship Leader
Discover Church is looking for a Part-Time Worship Leader with a passion for Christ, a love for people, and a heart for worship.
• Sunday mornings from about 9am - noon
• One week night rehearsal (currently on Wednesdays)
We are a church with a contemporary worship style. There are usually four songs each week. Currently, there is one worship service at 11 am on Sundays, which normally ends at noon. Compensation is $250 per week. Contact Rob Vincent at 757-421-3626.
Christian Academy and Preschool Positions
[OV] Christian Academy and Preschool have several open positions. They are located at 9504 Selby Place, Norfolk, VA 23503, and their phone number is 757-583-1808. They are hiring for:
Infant and Pre-K Teachers
After School Aide
For more information on the Academy, visit their website: www.ovc.academy.
To apply visit: https://forms.hive.com/?formId=8gwpeGNZdu7KZtHk7
Ebenezer Baptist Church Ministry Position Opportunities
The Ebenezer Baptist Church of Portsmouth, Virginia, a well-established historical African American congregation, composed of baptized believers who share a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord for over 158 years, is seeking well-qualified, energetic, and passionate ministry candidates to join our leadership team, as we are entering a new era of kingdom ministry. It is our vision to be a Christ-centered, biblically based church, preaching, teaching, and reaching people of all ages and multicultural backgrounds through the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit. As a redemptive body in Christ, growing toward spiritual maturity through worship, discipleship, fellowship, stewardship, evangelism, ministry, and prayer, we are committed to proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world and applying spiritual principles for transformation to humanity and society that God's kingdom purposes may be achieved on earth as in heaven.
Positions - (Minimum of 3 years experience and bachelor's degree, master’s degree preferred for pastor’s position):
Director of Worship and Arts
Assistant Director of Music and Worship
Pastor of Youth and Young Adult Evangelism
Pastor of Discipleship and Family
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send a 300-word or less cover letter along with a recent copy of your resume, a copy of a passport-sized photograph, (2) video copies of recent ministry work, any published print works, and photocopies of academic degrees no later than December 1, 2023.
Personnel Team – Attention Dr. LeRoy Hill, Jr.
Ebenezer Baptist Church
Phone: (757) 535-2429
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted either by email or telephone for an interview.